Monday, July 30, 2018

Put Your Seat Back In the Upright Position

We just returned from a trip to south Florida to visit my parents. I learned on this trip that it is easier taking three kids on a plane than driving 13 hours each way (though JetBlue did not serve Cracker Barrel). On the flight home, an older gentleman in the seat in front of me decided to recline his seat even though I had a 10-month old Luigi on my lap. I was not happy by this since there's already limited room on airplanes and this made it even less comfortable.


At several moments in the flight, I put the tray table down (and up) and Luigi cried or touched the back of his seat. Apparently, even though I couldn't see him, the guy gave dirty looks back each time this happened. Look, I understand that you (meaning the guy) paid for the flight and have the right to recline your seat. I also understand that you're old, lived a full life, and feel that you earned the right to do what you want. However, don't expect a 10-month old to sit quietly the entire flight, especially when you take away 35% of the space he has.

As a side note, as you can see by the rather poor picture, I watched part of Crazy, Stupid, Love on the flight, a much better film with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling together than La La Land. I'm not sure if this is an underrated movie or just a rated film. Regardless, it's a good movie, even if it's just for the fight scene between Gosling, Steve Carell, Kevin Bacon, and John Carroll Lynch. You may not know the name, but you know JCL.


Anyway, if that guy (not John Carroll Lynch) is in front of me on my next flight with my family, and he reclines his seat again, I'll make sure to have Pedro Tulo sit behind him, and I know my 4 year old will kick his seat a few times!

No comments: