Thursday, June 23, 2016

Father's Day Gift

At his preschool, my five year old (The Moose) made a very nice gift for me for Father's Day. One side of the card states "Best Dad Hands Down" with my son's handprints in green paint. The other side includes this Q&A about me and apparently a picture of me and The Moose.


I have some thoughts about my son's answers.

1. My dad is 54 years old. So close. Just off by 13 years. (In case you're wondering, I'm 41, not 67.)

2. My dad's favorite color is green. Correct!

3. My dad's favorite food is all the food. So, I guess there's a 2,000-way tie for my favorite food. Apparently, it truly is a toss up on whether I enjoy lima beans and mint chocolate chip ice cream more.

4. My dad's favorite thing to do is hide and seek. This is a fun game that I like playing with The Moose though he always hides in the same places and laughs when I finish counting making the seeking part not very challenging.

5. My favorite thing to do with my dad is play football with him. I don't think we've ever played football together. We've kicked the soccer ball back and forth and I've pitched a plastic softball to him. Wait, is he playing football with another dad? Do we need to call Maury?

6. I love my dad because he gives me kisses. Getting and receiving hugs and kisses from my kids when I get home is my favorite part of the day. (And then they start fighting over some matchbox cars.)

Not related to Father's Day, my two year-old (Pedro Tulo) made his own picture. This could be worth millions when he's a famous someday!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Who can figure kids out? They are just too weird. My own 8yo, when he was in pre-school, was similarly asked why he loves his mom (for Mother's Day). Other kids wrote, 'because she hugs me,' 'because she bakes me cookies,' and so on. My kid wrote, 'I DON'T KNOW.' It's one of my favorite things ever.

Sean said...

I'm sure you'll remind him of that for many, many years to come!