Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Even White Boys Got To Shout

We occasionally have dance parties in our house where we play fun songs and our five year old and two year old boys dance and jump around. Fortunately, there are no cameras to document this (particularly of their father dancing). Anyway, Dynamite by Taio Cruz and Taylor Swift's Shake It Off are popular songs, but I like going back to "classic" songs like It Takes Two by Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock and Groove Is In The Heart by Dee-Lite. Over the weekend, we added Sir Mix-a-Lot's Baby Got Back to the playlist. Now, perhaps the lyrics aren't appropriate for pre-kindergarten kids though we skipped over the "I like big butts and I can not lie" line. It's not like they understand what "But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda" means.

Anyway, the point of the post is The Moose's reaction to hearing the song. My five year old said, "That's not even music."

I grounded him for a week.

No comments: