Earlier this fall, Learned League conducted a 3-week college football mini-league. It was awesome (mostly since I fared well in this category compared with how I do during the "regular season")! Your challenge for this Tuesday as we near the end of college football's regular season is the answer the questions below.
1. Since 2000, two Heisman Trophy winners have been born outside of the United States. Please name either player (and as a bonus that player's country of birth).
2. As of 2015, what school has the only FBS stadium that seats at least 100,000 people that is not in either the Big Ten or Southeastern Conference?
3. What two SEC teams play annually for the Golden Boot, a trophy first awarded in 1996 and named for the shape the two states make when removed from the geographic context of the remainder of the United States?
4. Provide the one element missing from this unordered list: Aggies, Longhorns, Bears, Cougars, Mustangs, Horned Frogs, Red Raiders, Owls, Bobcats, Roadrunners, Mean Green, and [BLANK].
5. The first college football game broadcast on radio was KDKA's 1921 broadcast of a matchup between Pittsburgh (home of KDKA) and what longtime "Backyard" rival?
6. As seen in the redacted image that follows, since 1959, the Platypus Trophy has been awarded to the winner of an intrastate rivalry game. Give EITHER the nickname of that rivalry game or the two schools involved.
7. What player ran for 332 yards in a 45-42 victory over Texas Tech in a 1988 game in Tokyo to set the NCAA's all-time single season record for rushing yards?
8. Which school has won the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy a record 20 times, including being the 2014 winner?
9. Urban Meyer has been the coach for three national championship-winning teams. In the 2009 National Championship Game, his starting quarterback was Tim Tebow. Name Meyer's starting quarterbacks in the 2007 and 2015 National Championship Games.
10. Earning roughly $4.6 million in 2015 from buyouts from two previous coaching stops, what man will be one of the ten highest paid college football coaches in the 2015 season without actually coaching a college football team?
As always, please leave your answers in the comments section below and don't use the internet (or newspaper, Encyclopedia. etc.) for assistance. Good luck!
These questions are courtesy of Learned League.