Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Shades of Grey

One of the biggest current songs is Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. The song is from the movie Fifty Shades of Grey which I'm amazed is a success since it appears to be based on the paint colors available at Home Depot.

Anyway, there's one part of the song that bothers me.

Yeah, I'll let you set the pace
'Cause I'm not thinking straight
My head spinning around I can't see clear no more
What are you waiting for?


What is this person waiting for? Maybe for you to think straight, have a non-spinning head and see clearly.

This does not sound like a romantic scenario. Sure Ellie sings that she'll let the other person set the pace, but those middle two lines sound like there could be potential for, well, something from a Law & Order SVU episode.


I think we should be grateful that the person is waiting.

No comments: