Thursday, February 21, 2013

Good Night Pittsburgh Resolution

Remember last month when I claimed that authors Adam Gamble and Mark Jasper utilized my idea for their Good Night Pittsburgh book? Well, I contacted the Our World of Books folks with an ultimatum: pay me an undisclosed amount of money or allow me to share some pictures of the book. After intense negotiations, involving mediators and even Judge Judy, Our World of Books granted me permission to use the following images:


This is clearly a game between the Steelers and their heated rivals, the Montreal Alouettes. Plus, why are Ben Roethlisberger and Keenan Lewis on the field at the same time?


Since Paul Martin and Deryk Engelland rarely play together, I'd like to think this picture is a tribute to Joe Mullen and Ulf Samuelsson. The only unrealistic part of this page is that none of the fans are wearing Penguins gear.

Overall, I highly recommend Good Night Pittsburgh. Since I no longer live in Pittsburgh, I try to read this to my son as often as I can so that he can become familiar with Pittsburgh landmarks and venues like Kennywood and the Carnegie Museum. In addition, thanks to Adam Gamble for being a good sport about my e-mails.

No comments: