Have you always (or at least since 2006) dreamed about being one of the Washington Nationals Racing Presidents? Now is your chance to be Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln (or pretend to be Daniel Day-Lewis), Roosevelt or Taft! There's more information about the tryouts on the Nationals website, and here is a job description from TeamWork Online.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Take on the person of the Racing President you encompass.
• Greet fans during pre-game.
• Race in the mid-4th President's Race.
• Participate in the GEICO photo station following the end of the race until bottom of the 5th inning.
• Take part in the 7th Inning Stretch.
• Take part in outside appearances as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be 18 year or older.
• Previous mascot experience is preferred, but not required.
• Take part in the annual tryout (tryouts are by invitation only)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to perform Essential Functions
• Ability to run from centerfield to first base (approximately 200 yards) in a 50 pound costume.
• Ability to properly function in while wearing a 50 pound costume.
• Availability from March 2013- November 2013 as well as other appearances as needed.
Physical / Environmental Requirements
• Must be between 5'7" and 6'6" in height
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/ down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in the DC, Maryland, or Virginia area?
2. Are you available from March 2013 - November 2013?
3. Are you between 5'7" and 6'6" in height?
I could be the perfect candidate. My driver's license officially shows that I am 5'7" and I have previous mascot experience serving as Celebrate Fairfax's retired mascot, CHIP.