Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Why Is Louis Lipps Wearing Zubaz Pants?

The Pittsburgh Steelers celebrated their 80th anniversary over the weekend by inviting former players to Heinz Field. Fifteen Steeler greats, including multiple Hall of Famers, posed for this picture prior to the Steelers-Ravens game.


While everyone in the picture is wearing jeans or black pants, #83 wide receiver Louis Lipps, one of my favorite players of all time, decided to make a fashion statement by wearing black and gold Zubaz pants. I don't understand this decision. While I guess the pants match the hat and jersey, why did Lipps feel like these pants were appropriate for this (or any other) gathering?

Regardless, I'll still wear my Louis Lipps jersey this Sunday.

Photo from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

4 comments:

drinkyourmilkshake said...

Those are so not Zubaz, those are Cargo pants that are in Steelers camouflage.

Sean said...

DYMS - Even though these are Steelers camouflage Cargo pants, I think the original question still applies. Jeans or black pants are fine. Wearing the camo pants is a questionable decision.

Harvey said...

Your white is showing Sean. : )
Those pants would be AWESOME with the bumble bee throwback jerseys. : )

Ngewo said...

I guess he is prepared for a Red Dawn style attack on Pittsburgh.