Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Question for Cat Owners

I had a recent conversation with a friend who has two cats. I’m not sure how the topic came up, but she shared that she cleans out the cats’ litter box every day. Apparently, she used to clean out the litter box multiple times per day, but decided to cut back. As someone who cleans out Ziggy’s litter box twice a week, I think the daily cleaning, even though it’s for multiple cats, is crazy. Personally, I think she should have a one litter box for each cat, but that’s beside the point of this blog post.


My question is how often should you clean out a cat’s litter box? Is twice a week sufficient or am I crazy in not cleaning it out daily like my friend?

2 comments:

lacochran's evil twin said...

Smell factor should drive it.

Mily said...

Chanced upon your post by mistake but like your interesting posts :)

I fish the poos out almost daily then clean the litter that is left once or twice a week - when ever it starts to smell. The litter keeps it mostly hygienic (except obviously pregnant or nursing mothers and infants) for a few days so its all about personal preference!

Also I love that plant pot kitty litter, totally awesome, did you find it on a webiste? or just an image you found for your post?