Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Am a Terrible Father

The first few days after my child was born last year were a blur. I barely slept and constantly worried about how frequently he should eat and if he was getting enough food. I must have tried bundling my child in a blanket hundreds of times and changing diapers was a brand new experience. I think the only time I left the hospital was to run home to feed Ziggy.

I clearly failed as a father, though, since I didn’t release a song produced by Pharrell only days after my child’s birth and include my baby in the song. I hope my child will forgive me. Perhaps writing a blog post about being a new father will be a consolation.

I also apologize to my child for not naming him after a color or a Roman numeral/plant. I should have named him Red Cactus or Black Velvet* or something.

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, click here for more information and to hear the song.

* Even if you don’t know the lyrics, I’m sure that this song will now be stuck in your head. You’re welcome!

3 comments:

lacochran's evil twin said...

Thanks for the musical ear wig.

I think Blue Ivy sounds like something you don't want to get close to.

*reflexively scratches*

B Rock said...

If its a color it had better involve either black or gold ;)

Sean said...

Evil Twin - I actually think Blue Ivy sounds like the name of a movie Alyssa Milano appeared in during her bad girl phase.

B Rock - Excellent point. Black Velvet doesn't seem to work for a boy's name though. Black Rock sounds cool though!