Thursday, November 03, 2011

Sean Gets a Haircut

This is a picture of the top of my head.



From the view from above, I seem to be missing a good amount of hair. Some people may say that I’m balding, but I like to think that it is a sign of maturity. (Although I never think that.) Nevertheless, I get a monthly haircut to shave the back of my neck, even out my sideburns and trim the remaining hair on my head since I still have a significant amount around the sides. Basically, I’m Jeffrey Tambor from 20 years ago.

At my recent haircut, the stylist asked me if I wanted color for my hair. I was surprised by her question, but I politely said no thank you. A few minutes later, I asked what kind of color she had in mind adding that I didn’t think blond highlights were in anymore. She confirmed that the blond frosting was indeed out and that I would get the same color as my hair. I still declined, but I’ve thought about this a little more since then. Why would I get color? I assume that the color wouldn’t be spray-in-a–can to cover up my bald spot. Plus, as you can possibly tell by the picture, I don’t have any gray hair. Perhaps I should find a new barber (or just shave my head).

No comments: