Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trivia Tuesday

You thought I forgot about Trivia Tuesday, didn’t you? Not so fast, my friend! Your challenge is to name the phobias listed below. For example, arachnophobia is not just a creepy movie, but also a fear of spiders.

1. Agorophobia

2. Autophobia

3. Bronophobia

4. Hemaphobia

5. Ichthyophobia

6. Musophobia

7. Noctiphobia

8. Phagophobia

9. Thanatophobia

10. Xenophobia

Depending on how everyone does, I may provide answers later so that this is more of a matching game.

As always please leave your answers in the comments section below and do not use the internet for assistance. Good luck!

This quiz is courtesy of the fine folks at Stump Trivia.

4 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

1. Fear of being outside
2. Cars?
4. Blood
5. Fish
8. swallowing
10. other cultures

neena said...

1. Fear of panic in inescapable situations
2. Fear of self or being alone
3. Do you mean Brontophobia? Fear of thunder
4. Fear of blood
5. Fear of fish
6. Fear of mice
7. Fear of night/dark
8. ?
9. Fear of death
10. Fear of strangers

Guess that psych degree comes in handy every once in a while...

Harvey Izes said...

5. Ickyphobia: A females fear of being cornered in a ladies bathroom, by a drunk QB.

11. Superickyphobia: A males SUPER fear of being cornered in any bathroom by a drunk QB.

Sean said...

Let's get to the answers

1. I have fear of open spaces of crowded spaces. Both Neena & Nichole's answers are close enough.

2. Fear of being alone.

3. Neena - You are correct. I missed the "t" in Brontophobia. My answer is fear of storms, but fear of thunder works for me.

4. Blood
5. Fish
6. Mice
7. Night
8. I have fear of eating for this one.
9. Death
10. Foreigners or Strangers.

Very impressive job by Nichole and especially Neena. I may have got 2 correct.

Now to Harvey, I would never defend the actions of the Steelers QB. I don't want to revisit his actions now. However, are you really calling him out when your QB was convicted and jailed and called himself Ron Mexico?