Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trivia Tuesday: Part I

Monday night didn’t go very well, but I’m not going to take it out on you. I’ll actually reward you, though I do need to share my frustration first, so bare with me (or just skip to the next paragraph). I lost in my fantasy football league by 1 point when I clearly should have started Matt Schaub instead of Josh Freeman. We lost trivia by one point. I had a streak of 11 on ESPN’s Streak for Cash but instead of selecting the New York Giants to defeat the Minnesota Vikings, I changed my pick to the San Jose Sharks winning a home game against the Dallas Stars. Naturally, the Giants won easily while the Sharks lost in a shootout. Streak over. Watching the Baltimore Ravens lose would have been a nice way to end the night; however, after completing an impressive comeback to send the game into overtime, Matt Schaub of the Houston Texans did his best Carson Palmer impersonation by throwing a Pick-Six. Oh well.

Tuesday is a new day, and I’m going to do something different. I am proud to present TWO Trivia Tuesdays today, one now and the second this afternoon. Listed below are the state nicknames either currently or formerly on license plates. Your challenge is to name the state. Good luck!

1. The Last Frontier
2. Live Free or Die
3. The Golden State
4. Empire State
5. Bluegrass State
6. Show-Me State
7. Volunteer State
8. The Silver State
9. Constitution State
10. Land of Enchantment

As always please leave your answers in the comments section below and do not use the internet for assistance. Good luck!

This quiz is courtesy of the fine folks at Stump Trivia.

4 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nichole Fisher said...

I deleted my comment because after thinking about it - I wanted to revise some of my answers:

1. Alaska?
2. New Hampshire
3. California
4. New York
5. Kentucky
6. Missouri
7. Tennessee
8. Nevada
9. Connecticut
10. New Mexico

Sean said...

Nichole - I don't know how you did in your first try, but you got a 10 of 10. Nice job with the extra thinking!

Nichole Fisher said...

no way! I deleted my first try because I originally had new mexico as number 8. then when I got to number 10, I vaguely remembered ads about new mexico being the land of enchantment.

the second set of plates was tougher.