Friday, July 16, 2010

Sean On Fashion: Theatre Edition

When I was younger, I remember men wearing coats and ties and women wearing fancy dresses to attend plays or musicals. With the high price of theatre tickets, folks wanted to get dressed up for a nice night out of dinner and a show. While I understand that times have changed and people are more casual about dress, I still expect a certain level of attire to see a show. For example, while I would never wear jeans to a show, I’ve come to expect that other people will.

So last night, I saw Avenue Q at DC’s Lansburgh Theatre. While I don’t attend plays or musicals as often as I like, I witnessed something I’ve never seen in a theatre: someone wearing bike shorts!



The horror! There is only one place where bike shorts are appropriate. On a bicycle!


Click here to see previous Sean On Fashion posts.

No comments: