Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trivia Tuesday: Name That Tune

Two posts in a row with Tuesday in the title. Can I make it a third tomorrow? While we consider this, your challenge this week is to name the song title and artist based on the lyrics below.

1. Money talks
But it don't sing and dance and it don't walk

2. If you want my future, forget my past
If you wanna get with me, better make it fast

3. Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah! (there seems to be multiple ways to spell this)

4. Don't call it a comeback. I been here for years

5. Donnie D's on the back up
Drug free so put the crack up
No need for speed
I'm anti d-r-u-g-g-i-e my
body is healthy

6. The D-A-double D-Y-M-A-C
Ya you know me

7. Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty
(A later line is "Cool cat, looking for a kitty")

8. Blonde waitresses take their trays
They spin around and they cross the floor

9. 888-E-Z-Bucks, 888-E-Z-Bucks (I can't get this song/jingle out of my head!)

10. Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi.

As always, please leave your answers in the comments section and do not use the internet to assist you. Good luck!


As an extra bonus, Captain Easychord informed me of a Sporcle quiz where you have to spell the first name of athletes named Sean. Only one athlete spells their name correctly.

4 comments:

Messiah said...

4) Mama Said Knock You Out
5) Insane in Brain? Or maybe the exact opposite of Insane in the Brain.
6) Jump Jump
7) That song that starts off "Hot Tub, Summer in the City" or something like that.
10) Cult of Personality

Ngewo said...

2. Spice Girls-Wannabe (I only know this because of the Zebrahead cover)

3. Lady Gaga-Bad Romance
7. Lovin' Spoonful-Summer in the City

I feel like number five is something stupid and that i'm going to be almost ashamed to have recognized it...

Nichole Fisher said...

5. Good Vibrations - Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

8. Walk Like an Egyptian - the Bangles

Sean said...

Let's start with the correct answers. Ngewo successfully answered 2, 3 & 7 while Nichole got 5 & 8.

Messiah gets partial credit for 4, 6 & 10. We are looking for both the title and artist.

So we still need #1 and sort of #9. Is #9 only played in the DC area?