Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Trivia Tuesday: Vacation Edition

I'm back from Northern California, and instead of writing about my vacation, I thought I would share my experiences in a question/answer format since it is Trivia Tuesday!

1. What is Sean Connery's famous line when he reaches Alcatraz in The Rock? (Did anyone say this line when we arrived at Alcatraz?)

2. The Alcatraz giftshop featured many Hollywood movies portraying the island or escapes from the prison. However, one movie featuring the late, great Phil Hartman as an Alcatraz tour guide was not for sale. Name the movie.

3. Who was the U.S. Attorney General who decided to close Alcatraz?

4. How many sea lions are there at Pier 39?

5. What is the name of the famous "crooked" street in San Francisco?

6. Did I clog a toilet on this trip?

7. What is Charles Schulz's nickname. (Hint: This is also the first name of a Hall of Fame baseball manager)

8. Name the three Van Pelt children in Peanuts.

9. Was I the go-to guy to find out the score of the Steelers-Chargers game during the wedding?

10. Is the Dyson Airblade the coolest hand-dryer ever?



In case you're wondering, I scored an impressive 10 out of 10. Maybe it's not that impressive since I made up the questions. Anyway, as usual, please leave your answers in the comments section below and don't search the internet for answers. Good luck!

Finally, as a programming note, I'm working on some pretty big interviews and contests so stay tuned for more excitement over the next few weeks.

UPDATE: Here is a picture of me in an Alcatraz cell. This might be more convincing if I wasn't wearing the audio tour headset.

3 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

I know nothing about Alcatraz - but to answer #10, YES! There is a Dyson Airblade in the restrooms in the Providence Airport. Best hand dryers ever invented.

neena said...

1. Welcome to The Rock! I'll guess that you said it upon arrival.

2. So I Married An Axe Murderer!

3. ?

4. Hundreds

5. Lombard

6. No?

7. ?

8. Lucy, Linus, Rerun

9. Because you're awesome.

10. Absolutely!

Sean said...

Nichole - We are in agreement that the Dyson Airblade is the best hand-dryer ever! They had some in the San Francisco airport.

Neena - Thanks for participating in my silly Trivia Tuesday!

1. No one said welcome to the rock, including me. However, I did ask my wife why no one said it.

2. Correct. Upon further review, I think I can see why Alcatraz wouldn't want a movie with that title in the gift shop (even though it is a very funny movie).

4. Hundreds is probably correct, though I would have also accepted 1 million!
5. Correct
6. Sadly, the answer was yes. Thanks to the Hyatt staff for promptly bringing a plunger to the hotel room.
8. Correct, but who was Rerun?
9. Besides calling my parents and brother, two people at the wedding provided me with constant updates from their iPhones. Both the bride and groom asked me for updates during the reception.

I won't answer 3 & 7 now in case someone else wants to answer.