Friday, September 04, 2009

Fun with Social Media*

I received an e-mail earlier this week from myself. Actually, I received the following message from Facebook saying that I added myself as a friend:

Hi Sean,

Sean [Ramblings] added you as a friend on Facebook. We need to confirm that you know Sean in order for you to be friends on Facebook.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

I didn't remember asking me to be my friend, so I went directly to Facebook. As expected, I didn't actually send the invitation to myself. I momentarily got excited since there is a semi-famous person (in some circles) that shares my name. Nope. I received a friend request from a high school kid in New Zealand. I think I'll ignore the request.


* I don't think I like the expression "social media." To me, it sounds like Brian Williams, Katie Couric, Stuart Scott, and Larry King are all hanging out together at a bar having a good time. Maybe they're singing karaoke with Dan.

2 comments:

Archi said...

Nope. Not unless they can shape-shift into drunk college kids.

Sean said...

Well, maybe the drunk college kids all work for the student newspaper. That could be social media!