Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Trivia Tuesday: Name That Tune

Today's challenge is to name the song title and artist for the five songs listed below. Each of these songs are from the 80s and early 90s, although one song may be from the very late 1970s (like 1979).

1. You know what I'm sayin?
I got every dog in my neighborhood breakin down my door
I got Spuds McKenzie
Alex from Stroh's

2. Oh I like coffee and I like tea.

3. See I am Wonder Mike and I like to say hello
to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple and yellow

4. Do what they say, say what you mean

5. I had a girl and she knew that matter-of-fact my girl was partner's that
Had a fall out, disagreement, yeah an argument
She tried to do me so we did it in my apartment, bust it


There's also a theme to this week's Trivia Tuesday which is very easy if you know where I will be this weekend (and where I have been during the 1st weekend of June every year since 2002). I'll have much more about this soon.

As always, please do not use the internet for your answers. Good luck!

3 comments:

Gilahi said...

Wow, the '80s and '90s are a little past my time, but #2 is Blues Traveler's "Run-Around", which is one of the better songs to come out of those two decades.

Messiah said...

1. I'll go with Funky Cold Medina.
3. Jump on It (Kimosabe)?
4. One Thing Leads to Another
5. No idea.

Sean said...

Gilahi - Yes on the Blues Traveler.

Messiah - Partial credit on #1 & #4 since you correctly identified the song title but did not provide the artist.

We're still looking for #3 (Jump On It was a good guess) and #5. For #5, well that's not so simple. (That's a hint.)