Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Links and Other Thoughts

Can we make a rule that no one can call a 9-5 office after 4:00 on Fridays? Getting a business phone call at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon is just painful.

The guys at Hugging Harold Reynolds created a great list of comparisons of Food Network starts and NFL Quarterbacks.

While watching the Steelers game last night, I felt that Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive end Jonathan Fanene has an unfortunate last name.

On a similar topic of names, I’m including this Yahoo story about scientists finding the remains and grave of Copernicus. The reason? My seventh grade World History teacher sincerely pronounced his name Copper-nicus. In addition, Socrates was So-crates (like Crates and Barrel)

I applaud Yahoo for including Izzie Stevens of Grey’s Anatomy in its article about five TV characters they would love to kill off. The episode where she killed her "fiancĂ©" was the last one I watched. Yes, I understand that admitting that I used to watch Grey’s Anatomy will significantly lower my gender analyzer score.

PSAMP found a video of Sidney Crosby juggling a soccer ball. It’s only 13 seconds, but I’m impressed.

Finally, there’s a DC Bloggers Happy Hour tonight at 8:00 in Adams Morgan. Arjewtino and Lemmonex have more information. Although I won’t be able to attend this one, I’m sure it will be fun.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the DND button on the phone comes in handy right around 4pm!

lacochran said...

"Can we make a rule that no one can call a 9-5 office after 4:00 on Fridays?"

4:00? Make it 3:00 and you have my vote!

rachaelgking said...

Can we make a rule that no one can call a 9-5 office after 4:00 on Fridays? Getting a business phone call at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon is just painful.

That's because you answer it! Silly man...

Sean said...

Since I work with folks on the West Coast, I feel bad not answering the phone on Friday afternoons. However, I agree with all of your comments. Fortunately, I had no phone calls yesterday afternoon and I'm off this upcoming Friday!