Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Game 5 Recap

I’m awake...barely after staying up for game five of the Stanley Cup finals. Although I managed to fall asleep during part of the second overtime, I was wide awake for the third overtime and Petr Sykora’s winning goal. I was so excited by the goal that I had difficulty falling asleep. While I was lying in my bed, I couldn’t get the "California Soul" song from the Dockers commercial out of my head.

Anyway, what an amazing win. When Detroit took a 3-2 lead in the third period, I though the series was over. However, Max Talbot’s goal with about 30 seconds remaining in regulation kept the Penguins alive. Despite Detroit dominating play in the overtimes, Marc-Andre Fleury made 55 saves leading the Penguins to victory.

Here are all of the links you need for more about the Red Wings-Penguins game:

- Coverage from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

- A special thanks to Seth Rorabaugh of the P-G’s Empty Netters for conducting a live-blog of game five. I was able to read what I missed in the second overtime immediately through Seth’s work.

- Fox Sports

- Yahoo's game recap and Puck Daddy

- Going Five Hole

- And of course, the Pensblog

Game six on Wednesday at 8:00 on NBC.

No comments: