Thursday, May 31, 2007

Name That Tune Returns

Lyrics from five songs are listed below. Your challenge is to name the song title and artist. Please try not to search the internet for the answers. Either you know the songs or you don't. I think this second version is a little tougher than last week’s debut. Good luck!

1. Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you

2. I’d shout out an order, I think we’re out of this man get me some

3. Da Force coming down with mayhem
looking at my watch time 3 A.M.

4. I could use a little fuel myself
And we could all use a little change

5. If you're callin' 'bout the car I sold it;
If this is Tuesday night, I'm bowling.

8 comments:

Rinsem's Rink said...

1. Heart - I think it's "How do I get you Alone"

5. "Austin"

Nick said...

Hey now, #4 is definitely Smashmouth "All-Star"

Nick said...

Also, I'm pretty sure #3 is KLF "3 AM Eternal"

Sean said...

1. Rinsem - I'll give you credit for Heart's "How CAN I Get You Alone"

2. No guesses yet? I thought this one would be pretty easy.

3. Nick - You are 100% correct. I thought this would be the most difficult. Apparently, there is more than one person (me) who remembers KLF.

4. Correct.

5. We got the song title, now we need the artist.

Keep your guesses coming for #2 and the artist for #5.

Nick said...

I still have a bootleg cassette of "The White Room" that I purchased in Poland. I though "Justified and Ancient" was a pretty neat song. But anyway, "3 AM Eternal" was pretty ubiquitous when we were in high school!

Rinsem's Rink said...

5 - Blake Shelton...

Rinsem's Rink said...

2 - I think it's Matchbox 20... but I can't come up with any song names to save my life. The I wonder what it's like song...

Sean said...

Matchbox 20 is correct; the song title is "Real World."

Nick - I always thought "Justified and Ancient" was a rip-off of "3 AM Eternal." It was somewhat neat that KLF collaborated with a country singer, but I didn't think the song was very good. You bought a KLF tape in Poland? Seems like there could be a story there.