Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Breaking News: California Tortilla Opening in Reston


This is huge! One of my favorite restaurants, California Tortilla, is opening a franchise in Reston, Virginia. I e-mailed Pam Felix, Marketing/Queen of Burritos (that is her actual title listed on the website) to confirm that this is true, and she replied that the new location will hopefully open mid-summer. This makes me very happy. I haven’t been as excited about the opening of a business/store since Wegmans came to Northern Virginia in 2004.

When a California Tortilla opens, they give away a free burrito and pop (yes, it's pop) to every customer from 11am-2pm and 5pm-8pm that day. Plus, the first ten people in line receive a free burrito every week for a year at that store, and the next 20 receive a free burrito every week for a month at that location. Depending on the opening date, I may take a day or half-day off of work to wait in line.

No comments: