Saturday, February 03, 2007

Harry Potter and the Puppy Bowl

No, this is not the title of J.K. Rowling’s seventh book, just two of the items I want to write about. First, Harry Potter 7 (aka “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows”) will be released on July 21. There is a good chance that I will be one of those people at a Barnes & Noble or Borders at midnight since I don’t want to wait like I did for Harry Potter 6. I was rather impatient and was practically begging for the book to arrive.

Happy (belated) Groundhog Day to everyone! Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, so we can expect an early spring. You heard it here first: I AM GOING TO PUNXSUTAWNEY FOR GROUNDHOG DAY 2008. I know that I have said this for years, but it really is going to happen next year. Groundhog Day is on a Saturday, so I won’t have to miss work. My brother already said that he will go with me (of course, he could be humoring me), so we just have to iron out the details.

So there’s this football game tomorrow, and I’m not that excited about it. It probably has something to do with the fact that the Steelers aren’t in it this year. Anyway, is it possible to root for the Colts to win so that Tony Dungy gets a Super Bowl victory as a coach but that Peyton Manning somehow doesn't win? Does this make sense? Maybe Manning will go 2-20 with 3 interceptions, but the Colts manage to win thanks to Erie’s own Bob Sanders. I just don’t want to see even more Peyton Manning commercials.

Finally, if you do not want to watch 6 hours of pre-game coverage, turn to Animal Planet for Puppy Bowl III, starting at 3:00pm Eastern on Sunday. The Washington Post had a Q&A with the Puppy Bowl producer. My favorite question is “Should we be expecting any wardrobe malfunctions in this year's Puppy Bowl?” (In case you’re wondering, the answer is “Thankfully no puppy wardrobe, so no fear of wardrobe malfunctions! We do call "fouls" when we have to clean up puppy messes though - and our referee has by far the dirtiest job in professional sports.” Yes, I'll probably watch a few some of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving Bobby a shout-out! I'll be rooting for Indy, but just for him. I saw his mom last weekend and she was sooooo excited to be heading for Miami. They left to go down on Wednesday and the local news have been running a segmented interview with his mom and dad all week. Every sports store has been sold out of his jerseys for over a week and can't get any more in.

Sean said...

Bob Sanders and Tony Dungy are really the only reason why I want the Colts to win.

If the Colts do win, will Erie create a Bob Sanders holiday?