Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Very Expensive Orange Juice

Here's another part of my San Diego trip...This past Sunday morning, I had the opportunity to have brunch at the Crown Room at the Hotel del Coronado. Opportunity is probably too strong a word since I really just showed up and was taken to a table. Click here for the history of the Hotel del Coronado, but it is best known for hosting ten U.S. Presidents and the movie location for "Some Like It Hot" starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. Anyway, I don't think I mentioned that brunch was $56.99 per person, easily making it the most expensive brunch (and possibly meal) that I've ever had. While the food was outstanding, especially the strawberries dipped in chocolate from the chocolate fountain with whipped cream from the waffle station, I definitely did not eat or drink $56.99 worth of food. Fortunately, the $100 gift certificate I had really helped.

No comments: