Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Groundhogs for Steelers

I really, really thought about taking the five hour drive from the DC area to Punxsutawney tonight so I can make it in time for Groundhog's Day. According to the groundhog.org, the official site of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club, I need to arrive before 5:30am. However, it's not going to happen this year. I should probably be at work tomorrow and I don't know anyone else who would join me. Maybe next year. On to today's Steelers links:

This just in, Joey Porter likes to trash-talk. As further proof, here's what he said today in response to Seattle tight end Jerramy Stevens.

Carrie Welling wins the award for #1 Steelers fan! She insisted on being induced so that she could watch the Steelers in the Super Bowl at home with friends. Alexandria Joella (which stands for Joey Porter, Antwaan Randle El and Alan Faneca) was born today at a healthy 6 lbs 12 oz. Mazel Tov!

Were you looking for an article about Steelers rookie Shaun Nua? If so, this is for you.

Finally, I forgot to add this from last week's Penguins-Islanders game. Courtesy of CBS Sportsline, "Pittsburgh RW Eric Boguniecki appeared to injure an arm in the third period when he was slammed into a partition along the Penguins bench by Satan." I hate when the devil hurts Penguin players.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Hello All You SPORTS FANS. I can barely control my excitement in anticipation of this Sundays game. I've been wating for this day for far to many years now and just can't believe that my home town Seattle Seahawks are finally playing in the Grand Daddy of Football Games. Best of all is that the Seahawks are playing such an outstanding group of guys in the Pittsburgh Steelers. Congradulations to everyone associated with both teams and to all the loyal football fans everywhere. Two great teams - One great game.
The Alaska Camper

Sean said...

Nice to hear from Alaska. And that's all I have to say about that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean!!

Thanks for the props ;-D

Go Steelers :-)

Defending Super Bowl Champs :-D gotta love how that sounds :-D