Monday, December 12, 2005

My Return

I've been in south Florida the past few days escaping the whole winter thing that is here in the DC area. I'll talk about the trip tomorrow, but I wanted to share a quick observation about AirTran. This was the first AirTran experience and I really enjoyed the fact that they had XM radio on the plane and gave everyone free headphones. However, there was no XM radio on the flights back. Why not have XM available on all flights or at least on both portions of the same flight.

5 comments:

Archi said...

I have two guesses. 1) They were different models of plane. I know on USAirways, they have different stuff depending on how new the plane is. 2) They have different features on north and southbound planes. But that's usually more something they do for movie selections.

Sean said...

It must have been a different model even though they looked exactly the same. I was really excited about having XM radio on the flight northbound. Oh well.

JQ said...

It's all based on the planes they use, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason for it; although it seems like I've always had XM on southbound flights (from Pittsburgh to Atlanta earlier this year, and from Flint to Atlanta last month). It was weird listening to a simulcast the Fox NFL pregame show when they had Pam Anderson join Jillian Barberie on the set. I'll have a better idea of what gets what when I fly to and from NJ next week.

Sean said...

I was able to listen to the 2006 World Cup draw and then I switched around to all of the music stations. I'd like to try Jet Blue next so I can watch TV during the flight.

JQ said...

Song has the same thing with the TV and such (or at least will until Delta folds it), although I spent most of the flight playing a music trivia game that's sorta like the NTN bar trivia set up, except that you play against fellow passengers. Funny to look around the plane (since they identify you by your seat number) to see who knew or didn't know a certain question.