Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Florida Trip

As I wrote yesterday, my wife and I spent a nice and warm few days in Florida visiting my parents. We did have a few adventures along the way. First, we were honored to sit two rows in front a woman who sounded like a drunken Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies. She was extremely loud but made me laugh several times. She was constantly talking to the probably terrified person next to her and provided some wonderful quotes like, "You didn't think that you would sit next to an old woman telling you the secrets of life" and "I'm the Christmas elf thing." I also heard her say "Tower Power" (I believe in reference to cell phone towers) and Bermuda Triangle Phenomenon (possibly describing herself). Good times all around especially when I had XM radio on very loudly.

Another highlight was a trip to the Festival Marketplace Mall, which is a super flea market. There is a huge mix of nice stuff and junk. Festival features more wig stores per capita than anywhere else I've ever been.

In all seriousness, it was nice getting away for a few days and to see my family and friends. The 75 degree weather and ocean weren't so bad either.

No comments: