Tuesday, November 01, 2005

New Month, New Ramblings

* Mr. (Creigh) Deeds is running for Attorney General in Virginia. I don't know anything about him, but he has great name recognition. Younger voters may remember Adam Sandler as Mr. Deeds. Older voters may remember Gary Cooper as Mr. Deeds. I like his chances.

* Did anyone else know that the NBA season starts tonight?

* The best show on TV right now may be Grey's Anatomy. Good storylines, good cast and characters that you actually care about. Plus a sort-of regular role for My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé who plays Joe the Bartender. It may make my list of "must watch" shows each week. Right now, the only show on that list is the Steelers game.

* One final thought on last night's Steelers game. I'm a little concerned that the Steelers never really got much pressure on Ravens QB Anthony Wright. I'm not sure if it was by design (playing more players in pass coverage), but it seemed like Wright had a lot of time to complete passes.

* I have a theory of why Freebird has not yet arrived. He/she was waiting to see the Penguins to win another game. Any coincidence that the Pens won in New Jersey?

2 comments:

Archi said...

1. I just posted similar sentiments about Grey's Anatomy in my TV update. It took me a few weeks to get into it, because it's a bit soap-esque (i.e. very much abotu the characters) which requires a little catching up from last season. But it's good stuff.

2. The word from the experts on the Anthony Wright/pressure concern is that the Ravens employed a "max protect" offense for most of the game.

Anonymous said...

Wait, it's the Penguins that determine when I'll go into labor? Here I've been paying attention to the Steelers and eating spicy wings to try to speed things along. I wonder if we even get one Penguin game in NJ on tv? Hmm. I'll have to look into that!