Thursday, September 01, 2005

Something Different

The pictures tonight of people dead or dying on the streets of New Orleans and thousands of people needing medical attention, food and water is awful to watch and is even more amazing to know that this is happening in this country. I actually wanted to write about something a little lighter tonight. I watched the two-hour debut of Fox's Prison Break, which despite way too many stories going on (that I hope will all come together in a few weeks), I enjoyed. I'd like to write more about it, but I really can't. I'm still in disbelief that food, water and medicine are not getting to people who need it. I don't understand why the local, state, and especially federal government was not prepared when we knew a major hurricane was going to hit as early as Friday or Saturday.

In a completely unrelated note, why were the Saints playing a preseason game tonight?

No comments: