Tuesday, September 13, 2005

More Rants

This is a belated rant: The U.S. Open was completed on Sunday and the amazing James Blake-Andre Agassi match has been over for almost a week. The fifth and final set of the Blake-Agassi match was decided by a tie-breaker. A tie-breaker! I could be wrong, but I believe that the other major tennis tournaments (definitely Wimbledon and I believe the Australian Open and French Open) go until the winner actually wins. I've seen the score of the final set as 16-14 and 21-19. This is the way it should be at the U.S. Open.

While I'm at it, I don't like World Cup soccer matches ending by a shoot-out. They should play until someone scores. I would love to see a 4-overtime game like they have in the NHL playoffs.

Who are the people that still approve of President Bush's work (or lack thereof) during and after Katrina? He doesn't even approve of himself.

Why is it called the World Music Awards when all of the performers and winners are American performers?

Not a rant...congrats to Tommy Lee on getting a C+ in English, a B in Horticulture and well, no credit in Chemistry because he got a 10 out of 100 on the final. I didn't do much better in my only college science class. I have to admit that I enjoyed the show.

No comments: