Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday Morning Ramblings

I haven't done this for a while, but here are some thoughts from the past few days:

- Willie Nelson must still owe a lot of money to the IRS. He has "collaborated" with Jessica Simpson to remake Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made for Walkin." He has also recently released a country/reggae fusion album. I hope he's also making good money for The Dukes of Hazzard movie.

- Dan already wrote about this yesterday, but the Penguins won the NHL (that's National Hockey League for everyone who was forgotten) lottery. They are going to draft Sidney Crosby, who apparently is the next Mario. It does seem odd that a potential superstar athlete is named Sidney.

- I woke up around 2:30am this morning/last night with a cramp in my left leg. What an awful feeling.

- Maybe related to getting the cramp is what I did last night. I (and my team) played its best ultimate frisbee game of the summer in a 15-8 win. I am finally getting into decent shape, which worked out well since the team didn't have many substitutes.

- After the game, I had dinner at one of the great restaurant chains in the country (and I'm being completely serious), Long John Silver's. There are only two Long John Silver's locations that I know about in Northern Virginia, and neither is close to where I work or live. Therefore, I only eat at LJS maybe once a year. I know that every time I eat there takes a few weeks off of my life, but the fish, hushpuppies and little fried pieces (of what I don't know) covered in vinegar is so good.

- I'm about 300 pages through Harry Potter. So far, very good!

No comments: