Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Pirates Win!

It's hard to get excited for a team that's 27-30, but the Pirates have been exciting to watch recently. Losing 5-0, the Pirates scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 6th and 4 in the bottom of the 8th inning to defeat the Baltimore Orioles. They have now won 7 of the last 11 games. The Pirates aren't on TV very often in the DC area, so it was nice seeing them tonight.

In case anyone is interested, my fantasy baseball teams are struggling. In my #1 league (the one I've been in for 13 years), I'm in 10th place out of 12. It's a miracle that I'm in 10th! On the bright side, I may have the first ever combination of Humberto catchers (Humberto Cota of the Pirates and Humberto Quintero of the Astros). In the #2 league (head-to-head), I'm in 7th out of 10, but having a really good week. I guess it's not too early to prepare for fantasy football. I'll have to remember NOT to draft Vikings RB Ontario Smith.

No comments: