Saturday, February 12, 2005

Sean's Grammy Picks

The Grammy awards are tomorrow night, so I thought I would share my predictions. I have the right to change my prediction on Monday. :)

Album of the Year: I'm torn on this because Usher has had a monster year and Alicia Keys is a Grammy favorite, but Ray Charles has to win. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the Grammys are a lifetime achievement award. Ray Charles will win to honor his life work. Of course, having an Academy Award nominated movie about you doesn't hurt.

Record of the Year: I love Let's Get It Started by The Black Eyed Peas and I can see Ray Charles and Norah Jones winning (even though I have never heard of their song), but I like Yeah! by Usher, Lil Jon & Ludacris. I'll be honest, I just want to see Lil' Jon win an award!

Song of the Year (I don't know the difference between this and Record of the Year, but there is a difference): If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys.

New Artist: Kanye West. If you get 10 Grammy nominations, you're going to win at least one.

Pop Vocal Album: Even though Ray Charles and Norah Jones are here, for some reason I think Brian Wilson will win.

Rock Album: American Idiot by Green Day wins this. I don't know if they have ever won before, but this is their year. Question: the Killers are nominated for this award and I love their first two singles. Has anyone heard the entire album? How is it?

R&B Album: The Diary of Alicia Keys, Alicia Keys. I think she barely beats Prince for the win.

Rap Album: Get that dirt off your shoulder, Jay-Z, you're going to win for The Black Album. Consider it a retirement gift.

Country Album: Here for the Party by Gretchen Wilson. She knows all the words to every Charlie Daniels song. That should be worth something.
Question: Is Tift Merritt's first name short for Tiftany? Probably not.


I'm going out for dinner, I'll have more predictions later tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: