Sunday, February 27, 2005

Oscar Predictions

Jason did his Oscar picks first, but I wanted to share my predictions of the major categories.

Best Picture: Million Dollar Baby

Best Actor: Jamie Foxx (Has there ever been this big a lock for a major category?)

Best Actress: Hilary Swank (What does Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth think of Hilary Swank's success? Do they think they are better actresses from their days on 90210?)

Best Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman

Best Supporting Actress: Virginia Madsen

Best Director: Martin Scorsese (his lifetime achievement award)

Best Original Screenplay: Hotel Rwanda

Best Adapted Screenplay: Sideways


Now that you made it this far, I should probably point out that I didn't see any movie nominated. Well, I take that back. I saw Collateral (Best Supporting Actor: Jamie Foxx & Best Film Editing), Shrek 2 (Best Animated Film and Original Song) and Spiderman 2 (Sound Mixing, Sound Editing & Visual Effects). I tried to rent Ray, but Blockbuster was out. I want to see Million Dollar Baby, and I almost saw Sideways, but it wasn't playing at a convenient time.

Maybe not as thorough as Epert & Roeper, but I'm already preparing for the 2006 Oscars. I saw Hitch featuring potential Best Supporting Actor, Kevin James.

No comments: